The lumber/log building part of the project experienced several changes in plans. To begin with, the Sing Log count we made when we purchased the logs was just not coming out correctly. The count seemed short. Over and over I figured how many linear feet of 5" tall lumber I would need. Each time my need seemed larger than my stock of logs. Add to that the discovery of several Sing Logs in such bad shape they couldn't be used.
I only slowly became aware of this as I was working on the Sing Logs from March 02' till done. I never finished all of them. (3/04 and still have 80 or so logs to work on).
As we finished the backfill I knew time was fast approaching to get serious about starting the building, yet my Sing Log count wasn't up enough. I made a hard decision to build the Garage area in 2X6 normal construction because it wasn't looking like I would have enough Sing Logs. They no longer manufacture this same style and size Sing Log. Matching these with the new ones would not be an easy task and they would never quite look right.
I had to start with the garage. The Garage built would offer me some flat concrete surface to work on, and a much needed covered area for supplies (if i could get a tarp to stay on it). Remember, I had to destroy the 10X20 shop and 10X10 shed and the 2 10X20 carports to do this building! Had to destroy the covered area I had to start with, crazy.
Email to: Dulane or Roy - Remove *** from
address - Copy/Paste into your email program: ***firstname.lastname@example.org***