Windows - Exterior Doors - Trim corners,
windows, doors, roof eves, put up the hip face cedar shingles, porch decks
Getting the windows and doors installed was awesome. Let the "Dry In"
I spent lots of time designing the window casing trim - especially the header trim
pieces. I made several of them with a nice swooping wave to spread and
accentuate some style with roundness and a "flow" unusual to the rest of the
house design. I also tried to s t r e a t c h the
still needed to mount all the outdoor lighting fixtures and any trimmings.
Small short statement, but that relates to Lots of Work yet
during this period Greg and I began working on the landings for each
The side and back entry's were cobbled together with left
over materials and would be redone some other year.
For the front entry we used some of the man made recyclable material called.
A really big job was the staining of the
exterior with cedar wood preservative. I used an Olympic Natural
Stain. Zack drove over from Omak to do the stain job for us and I was
his helper. I spent the previous 2 days masking off all the windows,
doors and anything that needed masking. However, I did not mask off
the any of the brown painted trim work. Mistake ! I
'Assumed" the stain would apply without a problem, but the oil based stain
did not soak into the painted trim so it sorta dripped and ran all over and
was a mess to deal with.
The staining was a huge job, from the
masking through staining and then the cleanup. I hope I don't have to
do this very often. Every 5 years for the most part, but prolly have
to do that South and East side every 3 years!
I got some exterior light in and working things started looking pretty cool:
Dulane up on a 10' ladder scraping caulking overruns off Sing